Sunday, July 01, 2012

Broccoli Never Hurt Anyone!

Ingredients:
1/3 c. water
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
broccoli


I didn't measure my broccoli, I used whatever would fit in the bottom of my pan, maybe a bit more. I tasted mine halfway through and it wasn't salty enough for my taste (I love salt!) so I added a bit more garlic salt. I just added the ingredients together, let it boil and poured half of it into another container, added my broccoli, trying to break them into sizes that're roughly close and then poured the remaining liquid back on top of the broccoli and stirred it. I turned it down to about medium heat and added a lid. I forgot to measure times but I know they were on there for at least five minutes, if you wanted to walk away for that long. Cook until tender. I just made sure mine could pierce with a fork easily. There will be a little extra juice that you can either pour out or pour over your broccoli (I've done both) and then grab a fork and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment