Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Read to Learn and to be Informed




I'm going into my junior year of high school and am taking all advanced core classes. I will be in Pre-AP Chemistry, Pre-AP Calculus, AP English and AP US History. For my English class, I have to read three books for summer reading. The first is The Bible As/In Literature by James S. Ackerman, Thayer S. Warshaw and John Sweet. I do not claim any religion as my own, nor do I believe in God, however, I love to learn, I don't get tired of it, so I really enjoy this book. We only have to read the Bible stories in it and I think it's very informative and interesting. I think it's a good way to learn about the Bible if you don't want to read the whole thing but want to learn what is in it. The second book is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. I tried to read the first chapter and I couldn't get interested in it so I stopped and started reading my third book (I got to choose from a list) which is Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I started reading it so easily and it just started flowing! I have finished the first ten or eleven chapters in a few weeks which I think is a good amount considering I don't really want to read it and it's summer! It's about a boy who is raised "by hand" by his sister because his parents past and as far as I've gotten, he's just had a few adventures. The last book I'm reading is the sixth book in the Pretty Little Liars series. I just looked it up on Wiki and realized that it is the sixth when I thought it was the fifth. Whoops! Back to the library for me. The other book in the pictures is Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens which I bought because I thought it was going to be the book I chose to read but it was boring so Great Expectations took it's place. :)


















Thanks for reading, Pseudonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment